Photobucket
"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold.
It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love.
It’s for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough…"

Monday, October 11, 2010

On a Ship & On a Stage

I'm a 4th year in college graduating early this Winter (wooh!). I live in an apartment near my University, but on weekends I visit my parents & younger sister (I have 2 older sisters as well who live on their own). I had the wonderful opportunity to sing for the Boys & Girls Club Fundraiser Event. My vocal coach picked 4 of his students to sing. Friday I had a dress rehearsal and I can't even describe what it felt like to be on that stage. I come alive when I'm on stage. It was an amazing night. I was in a play last quarter, but I hadn't been on stage for a singing gig in such a long time.

My DF (dear fiancé) is currently underway for X amount of time so we are only talking through e-mail. I got an e-mail from him Saturday morning and it was a wonderful way to start my day. He ended the e-mail with:

"Goodluck with the gig and have fun and break a leg and all that jazz. I love you sweetheart.
Miss you a lot. Love you even more."
When it was time for me to drive to the event, I had my bag packed with everything I needed. Make-up, hairspray, a brush, my tape recorder so I could practice etc... The night was AMAZING! I love the feeling of a mic in my hand and my feet on a stage. The lights. The band. The audience. It's a good fix.... When I got back to my parents house, I was feeling pretty happy & proud of myself. Later in the night I started thinking about DF...

He's on a ship.
While I was on a stage.

I became proud of the man whom I can call mine. He has always supported me & my dreams of performing (singing, acting, the works...). While he is out at sea on a ship, while he was out there working, while he wears a uniform that designates him as a U.S. Service Member.... I realize that he is the reason why I have the opportunity to perform on stage and do what I love. He is doing his part in serving our country, defending it, & keeping it free.

I love my fiancé. I'm grateful for his love. I also love my service member. I am proud and grateful that he chose to join our military.

Thank you to all of our service members.

♥ Sailor's Doll















Meet the band














The Performers w/our Vocal Coach


















The Entertainment for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment